Friday, February 2, 2007

Goodbye ocean sunrise

Morris Street was dark, quiet, and bitterly cold when I rolled away from my beloved home. There was a skiff of snow on the ground, but the pavement was laid black and bare where the other 5 AM drivers had driven down Lower Water street. I could see the whole long road to California stretched out ahead of me.
The moon was perfectly full and piercingly white over the Cobequid pass. The sky was slowly brightening behind me as the sun came up over the distant, invisible ocean.
My new ocean will be the sunset ocean. I don't know what that means yet.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ok, I know you said to expect more updates beginning Feb 3, but for god's sake, Colin emails 15 times a day, certainly you can put that energy into El Bloggo.
Love and miss you (both), Lowe